Customer and/or Patient Experience has become the newest approach to good old customer service. Within HealthCare, often we forget that “Care” is the name of the game. It extends deeper than providing health advice and procedures, it is the relationship building part that ultimately drives demand for our service. Care leads to a viable business and the “R” word “Revenue.” During these workshops, Craig will show you how to build a culture of excellent customer service based on the Three Phases and Five Attitudes of Building an Excellent Culture of Service which is one of his Seven Attributes of Excellent Management.
The Three Phases and Five Attitudes of an Excellent Culture of Service
During these workshops, Craig will show how to build excellent customer focus based on the Three Phases and Five Attitudes an Excellent Culture of Service.
Phase 1 – Before the Visit
- Professional Attitude
- Serving Attitude
Phase 2 – During the Visit
- Welcoming Attitude
- Helpful Attitude
Phase 3 – After the Visit
- Grateful Attitude
Of course, all the attitudes are important in every phase of the visit. However, to better communicate the different types of attitudes, we divide the discussions and training into manageable modules to introduce them in in a way that helps you remember.
Unsatisfied customers are part of any business life, however, there are ways to retain and/or grow your base of clients, patients, and employees. Deciding to focus on the service you provide to your internal and external customers will reduce the likelihood of negative posts on social media, most likely increase the level of recommendations for your organization, and lessen the chance of a shrinking bottom line.
E-WBS, a subsidiary of Westbrook Stevens, LLC, a woman owned company, is at the forefront in providing you with simple, easy-to-use tools that
equip you and your staff with everything you need to be the faces that people want to see again and again.
Designed and developed by Craig Stevens himself, the Excellent Customer Focus Program is set up in ongoing biweekly modules using a unique and entertaining approach that we call Enter-Train-Ment. Each of these modules touches on a critical area that is designed to improve the patient/client experience. A new employee can join the program at any point in time since each segment is not a prerequisite to another. We entertain you and your staff as you learn.
Goals of this series is to:
- To introduce the Patient Experience (customer service) training
- To have a conversation focused on a culture of service, patient experience, and patient loyalty.
- Help leaders build a culture of service.
- Focus on Healthcare front-line workers.
- To understand our role in customer service
- To talk about how we might cover for each other, help each other, and work as a team.
- Provide quick and easy tools for front-line workers to use to improve service.
- Get back to the basics or customer/patient experiences.
THE FOUR LEVELS OF TRAINING to a Sustainable Culture:
We design our training using four levels of detail. We describe these levels using a belt system like Six Sigma. The belt systems helps to establish a systematic and repeatable way to built a culture of excellent customer or patient experiences.
Two Levels (3 and 4) are designed to build a sustainable culture of excellent customer experiences, using small reminders of Enter-Training messages that are presented often. Much like safety, to have excellent service we must keep the subject in front of mind. These Enter-Train-Ment workshops help us do that on a monthly bases, one subject at a time, presented in an entertaining way, several times a month to match the needs of the organization’s staff.
Level 1 is a high-level overview available by website. is geared for executive leaders and helps leaders understand the What and Why of an excellent customer experience. These workshops are available on the website for free. (1 to 2 Hours)
Level 2 is geared for managers and explains the When, Where, and Who of Excellent Customer Focus. We get into the Leadership Culture, and People issues of Empowerment, Building an Excellent Culture, Organizational Structures, Motivation. (2 to 4 Hours)
Level 3 builds on the other belts and is designed for practitioners. Here we show you the How’s of excellent customer focus for frontline workers (and we are all front-line workers). Each module only takes about 10 minute and is designed to share throughout the year. Customer service, like safety requires us to think about it and apply it every day. Therefore, effective customer service training is best when it is short, repetitive, applied daily, and talked about during every staff meeting. Some examples of Green Belt courses are:
- Mastering a Professional Attitude
- Building Internal-Customer Service (Can’t Treat Others Well if We Don’t Treat Each Other Well)
- Preparing for the Visit
- Mastering First Impressions Parts 1-6
- Mastering a Welcoming Attitude
- Mastering A Serving Attitude
- Mastering Communication Parts 1-7
- Mastering A Helpful Attitude – Mastering Serving, Explaining, Resolution, and Feedback Cycle Services
- Mastering Problem Solving and Resolution • Mastering Conflict Resolution
- Negotiating and Buy In Cycle
- Introduction to Phase Three of Excellent Customer Focus – After the Visit
- Closing – Gracefully Taking Money
- Mastering Thank You
- Mastering The Follow Up
- The Continuous Improvement Cycle
Level 4 goes beyond the basics, prepares the mentors, explores the senior level subjects, and prepares you to become one of your company’s trainers and/or internal consultants (using our licensed tools).