Craig Stevens is supporting UT’s Operational Excellence in Healthcare Program in Nashville Tennessee and hopes to finish his PhD with the UTK Industrial and Systems Engineering Program. He is the founder and president or Westbrook Stevens, LLC (WBS) (www.e-WBS.com) and is a Senior Project Manager in the PMO at Ardent Healthcare. Craig has been a Management, Industrial, and Systems Engineering consultant for over 35 years and is the Author of Geronimo Stone (https://issuu.com/craigastevens/docs/geronimostone); and a well know Visual Artist in oils and acrylics (www.craigastevens.com). He is also a Captain in the U.S. Air Force Auxiliary Civil Air Patrol (CAP) as part of the Ground Team and Air Crew Search and Rescue Emergency Services.
………………….He was the Manager of the Process Improvement Program for HCA Physician Services, where the Continuous Process Improvement (CPI) Team developed the CPI/Lean/Six Sigma program for about 800 practices. Before HCA, he worked as a consultant for over 100 different organizations in 25 states including (US DOD, US DOE, NASA, Lockheed Martin, Westinghouse, DuPont, etc.).
………………….Craig has worked in every layer of an organization and in several industries (Healthcare, Government, Manufacturing, Agriculture, Hospitality, Scientific Research, Energy, Waste Management and Environmental Restoration, Not-For-Profits, and Construction). He was the Chief Engineer and Quality Manager for PRAGMATICS, INC. (8a), Program Manager for Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC), and was the Mechanical Engineer SME in solar and electric power, explosives, and general engineering for U.S. doe, Office of Scientific, and Technical Information (OSTI).
………………….Craig has taught for several universities and has written many papers on quality, change management, and other management related subjects and has served as adjunct faculty for Vanderbilt University, Belmont University, Trevecca Nazarene University, University of Phoenix, Nashville State Tech, and UT Knoxville as a TA. He was also a trainer/facilitator of Project Management for the American Management Association International (AMAI) and Padgett Thompson. He has taught graduate and undergraduate classes and workshops in Strategic Implementation, Innovation and R&D, Operations Management, Project Management, Change Management, Manufacturing Management, Strategic Management, General Management Principles, Systems Management, Statistics, Customer Service, Engineering Economy, and Human Factors Engineering.
……………………….Craig has several certifications:
• Six Sigma and Lean (Lean Six Sigma) Master Black Belt
• CAP – Mission Observer, Scanner, and Aerial Photograher
• General Licenses Amateur Radio (KC4WBS)
• SCRUMstudy Agile Master Certified (SAMC™)
• SCRUMStudy Certified Trainer (SCT)
• Scrum Product Owner Certified (SPOC)
• Scrum Master Certified (SMC)
• Scrum Developer Certified (SDC)
• Scrum Fundamentals Certified (SFC)
• SCCS-P – SMstudy Certified Corporate Sales Professional
• SCDM-P – SMStudy Certified Digital Marketing Professional
• SCMS-P – SMstudy Certified Marketing Strategy Professional
- Training and Facilitation
- The Seven Attributes of Excellent Management
- Storms of Chaos and Strategy
- The Drivers of Change
- Systems Thinking/Engineering
- Change Management